Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cajon Creek and Lost Lake

I'm trying to become familiar with most of my local gold prospecting areas and I have found a couple small mentions of Cajon Creek at the "blue cut" area. The geology there is very interesting! This is a 90 degree turn in the stream here as it crosses the infamous San Andreas Fault ! As i was searching Google maps of the area, I came across Lost Lake which is only a couple of miles away. I figured this would be a good lunch spot and I could check out the fishing. There was fishing trash on the ground and plenty of mudhens at the lake, but I didn't see any fish. At first, I drifted a couple of medium garden worms under a bobber to entice anything to bite. Nothin. Then the powerbait went on to focus on trout. Still no action. I will definitely be back to work the prospecting areas, but maybe not to fish Lost Lake again... Thanks for watching the show !

No comments:

Post a Comment