Saturday, March 30, 2013

Testing Fluid Bed Bucket Highbanker + Gold Recovered

This trip was a recipe in disasters of my own making and the weather was bad that day (raining hard). I topped off the water pump's gas tank before going so I would not have to fill it at the creek. But I had a couple accidents wheeling the high banker on the way in on the wet leaves (and steep hills) and tipped the pump over twice (not near the creek!). Once I got to the creek, I ran it for roughly 10 shovel fulls and it cut off. Not knowing it was out of gas (you can hear it about to run out towards the end) I figured something had plugged up my intake hose since I was testing a new filter I made so I took that hose off. Seeing that wasn't the problem I checked the tank and realized the two near spills of the pump down those two hills earlier must have lost the fuel. So I hiked back to the road to get my small 1 gallon gas can out of the car (15 minute hike one way). Coming back, it was raining pretty hard and I thought I had the pump intake hose on correctly so I started screwing it in. Being a stiff hose, It turned funny and cross threaded, messing up the main seal to the highbanker. I sighed and gave up and went and got my other highbanker which luckily I had put in the trunk to test too.

No comments:

Post a Comment